WE HAVE BIG NEWS !
After much thought and prayer, the name of our company has been changed
from “Boydbrain Music” to “WorshipSounds Music”
for both our primary blog
and our music website!
Our new URL for the website is
The current URLs will continue to workfor both the website and the blog for a while.
* OUR COMPANY FOCUS REMAINS THE SAME ! *
Essentially, the name will be changed, but the focus of our Music Company will remain on providing excellent quality downloadable Choral Anthems, Orchestrations, Vocal Solos, and Congregational Praise Songs. We will continue to expand our growing list of available music with the goal of providing music for worship and praise that is affordable, practical, Biblically sound, and musically memorable. Our company will remain a resource for all types of worship ministry music needs and a friend of choral music as a meaningful expression of worship.
Here’s what has happened as we changed over to our new name:
* The old URL for the website has been re-directed to the new URL until at least March, so there will be no problem with finding our company website .
* The “WorshipSounds” blog URL has been changed and is now http://www.worshipsounds.wordpress.com However, we have re-directed traffic from the old Boydbrain Music blog URL to the new WorshipSounds blog URL for several months to allow time for us to go back and change all of the old links.
* We have updated our website with a new look and new “WorshipSounds Music” logo photo, which will mean that all of our blog posts and links on other sites which featured the old “Boydbrain Music” logo photo will be updated as time permits.
* If you have copies of music that you have previously purchased, there is no problem with retaining them and even with making additional copies from your original PDF Master if some of yours become damaged or lost. You are always given permission to make as many copies as needed for your own choir(s) and accompanist(s) for our low one-time Master Copy price.
* Travis will add a new webmail address to the “WorshipSounds Music” website, which will reflect the new site name. His webmail address for any questions or problems with music orders will become Travis@worshipsoundsmusic.com, but he will keep the current webmail address of Travis@boydbrainmusic.com for a while just to make sure that we can help anyone who has previously used the old webmail address.
* Our Boydbrain Music Facebook page will stay the same for a while. It will be more difficult to change since the current policy for pages is that name changes are not allowed for a page with more than 200 ‘likes’. However, we can contact facebook support to ask for an exception. There is a possibility that one will be granted and we will be able to keep our original fan page. (Travis’ personal page was changed from Travis Boyd to Travis L. Boyd with permission after we discovered that there are so many other “Travis Boyds” out there, including a hockey star, a football star, another worship leader with videos on Vimeo, and many more….). If we are not allowed to change the name, we will start a new page with the new company name, invite our friends to ‘like” the new page, and eventually phase out the old page.
Why are we making this change?
Both Travis and I have known for a long time that we would eventually change the company and website name. The Boydbrain Music name worked well for us initially because everyone who knew about Travis’ music in the early years was someone who knew us or knew of us because of our membership in and association with The Singing Churchmen and Singing Churchwomen of Oklahoma and the Sons of Jubal and Jubalheirs of Georgia. As our contacts have expanded and we have begun to have customers purchase our music who were not familiar with the name “Travis Boyd” and found us primarily because of our announcements and forum posts about Travis’ music on ChoralNet and other sites, it has become clear that a name change is needed. In order to eventually allow others to find our website more easily when they are searching for music to be used in Worship Ministry, we need to have a company name that more accurately reflects the type of music that is available on our site. The name change will hopefully allow a larger number of individuals, Worship Ministers, and Choral Directors to find and utilize this music to bring glory to God through worship ministry. After considering several options, we felt that WorshipSounds Music was a good name for several reasons:
a. The domain name and URL were available.
b. There were not any competing downloadable music companies with simlar names showing up in our web searches.
c. While much of our music is Choral, we also offer Vocal Solos, Orchestrations, and Congregational Worship Music. Therefore, “Worship” was a more universal descriptive word for our offerings than “Choral”. We will continue to list all of the available types of music in our website description and in tags associated with individual songs and with our website pages to enable people who are looking for all of these types of music to find us more easily.
Please be patient with us as all of these changes are being made. The process will take some time. Feel free to contact us through a message to our Boydbrain Music Facebook page or through either of the webmail addresses listed above if you have any questions about Travis’ music or about the changes.
NOTE: If you have not visited our website for a while, there have been many recent additions!
We have lots of new anthems, available in a multitude of voicings. We have also added Full Orchestrations for some Anthems and several Vocal Solos, which are available in multiple keys. Our Choral Video Demos and our new Vocal Solo Demos make it easy for you to see and hear the music! Pay us a re-visit, and check out what’s new at WorshipSounds Music! http://www.worshipsoundsmusic.com
Let us know what you think about all of our changes. We’d love to hear from you!